TL;DR: NEW BREED SOCIAL MEDIA/DIGITAL CREATIVE LEADER & CAPTAIN • GOOD HUMAN
(I say 'Captain' because the Captain is on the field with the team, not just coaching from the sidelines)
- I am a new and different breed of Creative leader; I didn't come up in art or copy, but in social and content
- Led social, digital, and content for various agencies and clients, and built a social department from scratch
- Nominated as a 'Social Innovator': The Marketers Choice Awards
- Transformed a brand into a "Top 5 in Social Media" (from Digiday)
- Interviewed for Social Media Leaders series here bit.ly
- Created something that organically reached #1 on the front page of reddit. Bucket list item, check
- My leadership goals are quite simple: Really great work and really happy people
- I never forget a face, or a great idea
- I made Steve Martin laugh
- I don't trust anyone who calls themselves a 'Guru' or 'Ninja'. Unless they're an actual guru or ninja, of course
- I believe the Golden Rule still rules
- I’m told I do a great Christopher Walken
A little more:
- My digital mantra echoes my philosophy of life: "Simple is better than complicated. And have some fun doing it."
- I believe social media's value is about breadth AND depth, and not losing sight of either
- I have one dog, but I love every single one of them
- I saved a man's life once. Seriously. Ask me
- I am likely the biggest Seinfeld fan you'll ever meet
- I've done NY -> LA -> NY -> LA
- Also love doing voiceovers!
EASTER EGG ALERT...
Looking me up because you’ll be interviewing with me? Here is a helpful hint for those who've gone this deep.
The last question I ask you will be, "Since we work in a business of storytelling, tell me a story." No right or wrong answer here, but I'm asking you to see:
1) How you can think on your feet
2) Where your mind goes with it; fiction or non-fiction
3) How engaging you are as a speaker
Now let's hear some good ones, and best of luck!